Fuel & Fun is Back for Spring 2017!
Explorers’ Edge is pleased to announce that the popular Fuel & Fun program is back for Spring 2017. If you aren’t familiar with the program, this is how it works:
- Tourism Operators sign up as an “Accommodation Provider” or an “Experience Provider”
- Operators must sign up by April 29, 2017 if they wish to participate and take full advantage of this program.
- Accommodation Providers will be able to offer an incentive program for shoulder season travelers. Travelers are able to take advantage of the program if they stay in the region for a minimum of two consecutive nights between June 2, 2017 and June 30, 2017. To qualify they must pre-book their trip between May 8, 2017 and May 30, 2017.
- After booking, the traveler must register their booking confirmation code at ExplorersEdge.ca (you will be sent instructions on how to do this after signing up as an Accommodation Provider)
- Explorers’ Edge will drop off a package for the traveler to receive during check in.
- The package will include a $50 Gas Card and two $25 Vouchers to be used at participating Experience Providers.
- The Experience Providers will accept the vouchers (the same as the would cash) between June 2, 2017 and July 15, 2017.
- Once the program ends, the Experience Providers will mail their vouchers to Explorers’ Edge to receive a check for the balance they collected.
This is a great incentive program for the consumer and the tourism operators! All you have to do is sign up and market the program to your prospective audiences.
Spring is a great time to visit Explorers’ Edge and the Fuel & Fun package just makes it that much better!
NEW TO FUEL & FUN
To ensure the the Fuel & Fun Program is providing the best experience possible to its patrons, it is now mandatory that each operator participating in the program also registers for the Tourism Excellence North initiative.
Tourism Excellence North (TEN) provides operators and communities with self-assessment tools and workshops designed specifically for the tourism industry in Northern Ontario. TEN is a free tool offered to any tourism stakeholder within the region. Take advantage of this program to ensure that your tourism product is meeting its full potential.
If you haven’t done so already, register for the initiative at by clicking here.
Please contact Tyler Francis if you have any questions:
The 2016-2017 marked the beginning of content marketing Partnerships between the RTO and various tourism businesses, events and stakeholders. These partnerships proved enormously successful and, at the Board’s direction and on overwhelming feedback from the Tourism Stakeholder Survey, we will be continuing to offer content marketing partnerships in the upcoming fiscal year. Continue reading
Parry Sound Chamber of Commerce Tourism Advocacy Report (PDF)
The Parry Sound Area Chamber of Commerce is proud to co-release, in partnership with the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, ‘Closing the Tourism Gap: Creating a Long-Term Advantage for Ontario’. Continue reading
Explorers’ Edge has invested in Tourism Excellence North (TEN), a tourism development program that host a suite of training tools to help individual tourism operators maximize the potential of their tourism experience. Continue reading
Along with the Fall 2016 Fuel & Fun program, Explorers’ Edge also dispersed a Visitor Exit Survey to gain feedback to gain feedback on the program as well as participants overall experience in the region.
Tanya Milan, Project Manager, with JackRabbit Systems will be hosting an “AMA” Ask Me Anything session on the JackRabbit referral system that is hosted on the Explorers’ Edge website.
About This Report
The report collates a variety of metrics and – taken together – provide a unique and up-tothe minute read on the state of the tourism industry in RTO 12. Tourism is a vital part of the region’s economy, and accounts for almost 10% of its GDP, and 13% of its total employment. This report is provided as a service to our operators and other stakeholders and is intended to give insight into the general health of the industry.
The upcoming Ontario Fall Weekends campaign encourages our primary target audience, couples travelling without children from Ontario and the U.S. (New York, Pennsylvania and Michigan), to unearth their passions and go beyond the known, to be stimulated by Ontario’s local stories of unexpected hidden gems. The campaign launches early in September and will run through to mid-November 2016.
Online travel packages that align with the campaign’s theme and support the editorial content will not only Continue reading
In October 2015, Regional Tourism Organization 12 (Explorers’ Edge) in partnership with the Town of Parry Sound, Carling Township, the Township of McDougall, Seguin Township, the Township of McKellar and the Township of The Archipelago embarked on an exercise to gain an understanding of the current roles of various tourism stakeholder organizations in the Parry Sound Area and clarify the best future direction.
Regional Tourism Organization 12 / Explorers`Edge – Media and PR Continue reading