The Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport established 13 Regional Tourism Organizations (RTOs) in the province to identify and implement regional priorities, in an effort to foster more strategic marketing of Ontario’s tourism regions.
RTO12, also known by its consumer-facing name “Explorers’ Edge,” is a not-for-profit agency that is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The RTO12 geographic area includes Algonquin Park, the Almaguin Highlands, Loring-Restoule, Muskoka and Parry Sound. The mandate for RTO12 is to provide regional leadership and strategic planning, to develop strong marketing and collaborative partnerships, and to contribute to workforce development and skills training.
RTO12 is seeking to hire a project manager to conduct outreach to 6 breweries in the RTO12 and RTO11 regions to create an inventory of brewery-related tourism experiences, which will be used in the development of a competitive Craft Brewery Trail, and ultimately a self-guided mobile tour. The Project Manager will work with the RTO12 Director of Communications to develop the framework for the outreach and inventory.
The expected outcomes of this initiative are:
- Conduct stakeholder outreach to determine business objective alignment
- Determine competitive advantages of the 6 breweries and their unique trail
- Facilitate discussions around inventory, tourism experiences and the development of overall positioning
- Organization of brewery feedback and presentation of these findings
Explorers’ Edge invites interested parties to provide an Expression of Interest (EOI) to project manage the creation of a tourism experience inventory pertaining to the Craft Brewery industry here, and the subsequent development of a related trail/self-guided mobile tour.
The EOI also requires the applicant to articulate and demonstrate:
- Your knowledge of RTO12 and regional craft breweries
- Your enthusiasm for the uniqueness of this project and why you believe you can make it successful
- Your proposed budget based on the facilitation of discussions over a six month period.
Please forward all documents and request for further information to James Murphy at email@example.com (705) 706-1649 on or before Friday, March 3, 2016.
Note: Submitting a reply to Explorers’ Edge does not automatically guarantee that your company will be receiving future correspondence during the process.