The Communications Coordinator role is to assist the Director of Communications with integrated marketing campaign management and content creation for all media channels.
The position reports to the Director of Communications.
The position will be located at the office of Explorers’ Edge
- 3 Taylor Road, Bracebridge, ON
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Contributes to the development of the digital editorial schedule for 3 months.
- Ongoing creation of content including dozens of monthly blog posts, photographs and videos, as well as additional marketing materials.
- Copyediting and proofreading of all marketing materials.
- Providing content for the quarterly electronic newsletter, the Explorers’ Edge Sojourner.
- Assists Director of Communications with trafficking of marketing campaigns and tracking of results.
- Develops content for social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing to travel frequently to locations with the geographic borders of EE.
- A valid and current driver’s license and use of vehicle required.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in journalism, marketing or advertising copywriting.
- 1 Year Contract (with possible one year extension)
- $16.82 Hour
- 40 hours/week
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/ TOOLS
The Communications Coordinator must possess the following skills:
- Must have an understanding of tourism both provincially and regionally.
- Must have a sound knowledge of content marketing principles and strategies.
- Must possess exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Must be able to generate concepts/ideas independently and within groups.
- Must be able to work in a team setting.
- Must be able to meet multiple tight deadlines and to track multiple projects.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of web technology and analytics, basic graphic design, and the effective use of social media and wordpress.
- Must have Internet at home and a vehicle for transportation with a valid driver’s license.
- Must provide samples of written work.
The Communications Coordinator should possess the following competencies to differentiate superior performance.
- Uses common sense in solving problems.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Works within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Can perform a variety of duties which may change often.
- Superior communication skills and very strong copywriting skills.
- An understanding of Branded Content and Brand Journalism
- Able to work in an extremely fast-paced and high-intensity environment.
- Communications and/or Travel &Tourism Marketing experience.
Please forward your resume and covering letter, not later than 12 p.m. Friday April 8, 2016 to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.