Earned Media vs paid Media for Brand Building

Welcome to RTO 12 Forums “Ask Me Anything” – Public Relations & Earned Media Earned Media vs paid Media for Brand Building

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stephen Murdoch 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Foxwood Resort

I find that earned media is better in building my brand / identity vs paid media, where I may have lots of calls after a paid advertisement, but then that dies down, whereas earned media seems to leave a longer lasting impression on the audience.  What type of strategy should I have to build my brand through earned media?

#7268 Reply

Stephen Murdoch

Hi Foxwood Resort,

Thanks for the question.

You need a strong combination of earned media and purchased media.

Too many organizations start and then stop a PR campaign. The best PR campaigns are ongoing.

Make every effort to create an editorial calendar that will guide your PR efforts. The editorial calendar will help you send relevant information on a timely basis.

A good editorial calendar outlining your resort’s assets will also help to guide your social media efforts.

Planning and being strategic is key!

Happy to chat in greater detail.

Cheers,
    Stephen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

If you haven't previously had a post approved and are a guest forum user, your post will be held for moderation before being posted to the forum.

Reply To: Earned Media vs paid Media for Brand Building
Your information: