Facebook announced changes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  erin 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #15454 Reply

Hi Peter and Kate

Thanks for taking the question.

What should we do to adjust to the new algorithm that Facebook is rolling out?

I have had very good organic reach with both posted videos and Facebook Live. Will video be negatively impacted, and should I change my strategy?

#15480 Reply

The change most likely means very little for brands on Facebook. Here’s our point of view.

This change affects news publishers, mostly. Basically, if you are paying for reach on Facebook, you will still get reach on Facebook.

About 4 years ago, Facebook killed off most organic reach – that means business Pages on FB were no longer guaranteed to reach their fans merely by posting on the page. It was part of FB’s (successful) efforts to force businesses to pay to play. As a result, business Pages that do not pay to promote posts have been getting little to no reach for years (you can check reach and engagement for your own Page in the Insights sections). The recent announcement does not change that.

Be careful when evaluating the metrics for FBL and Video. The numbers can look very impressive at first blush. But they can be inflated by video auto-play – the more relevant metric is views through completion.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

If you haven't previously had a post approved and are a guest forum user, your post will be held for moderation before being posted to the forum.

Reply To: Facebook announced changes
Your information: