Nominees are reminded that directors will serve a voluntary capacity with a term of two years.The 2017 Nomination Committee has the responsibility to review all the nominations.The Nomination Committee is guided by a set of principals while selecting the 2017-2018 Board of Directors. The Nomination Committee guiding principles are as follows, the slate of nominated 2017-2018 Board of Directors for Explorers’ Edge should:
• Be split 50/50 between males and females.
• Have geographical representation from the regional zones; Almaguin Highlands, Algonquin Park, Loring- Restoule, Muskoka and Parry Sound
• Encompass the top 7 identified key tourism components of RTO12. These include Accommodations & Spas, Arts & Entertainment, Attractions & Events, Culinary, Golf and Outdoor Adventure.
• Have skills including: Legal, Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Technology Communications, Public Relations
• Be business owners or their key GMs or Presidents with a vested interest in the development of tourism receipts.
The 2017 Nomination Committee will report to the Board of Explorers’ Edge the outcome of the nomination process 30 days prior to the Annual General Meeting. The board will then bring the approved slate of directors forward at the Annual General Meeting Tuesday September 12, 2017 at the Stockey Centre, Parry Sound.
• Explorers’ Edge
• Nomination Committee Chair, Anthony Rizzo
• 3 Taylor Road, Bracerbidge, ON P1L 1S6