RTO12 Board Nominations Committee Town Halls
Tourism business owners in the RTO12 catchment (Algonquin Park, the Almaguin Highlands, Loring-Restoule, Muskoka and Parry Sound) are invited to attend one of three upcoming ‘Town Halls’ across the region to meet with current RTO12 board members, to receive an update on RTO12 projects and the current 5-Year Regional Tourism Strategy, and to hear more about becoming a director on the RTO board.
As we prepare for our spring 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) the RTO currently seeks director nominations. Nominations will close April 12, 2019 where they will be then reviewed by the nominations committee. The RTO12 Nominations Committee is guided by a set of principals while selecting Board directors. The slate of nominated directors for RTO12 should:
- Be split 50/50 between males and females.
- Have geographical representation from the regions four zones; Almaguin Highlands, Algonquin Park, Muskoka and Parry Sound
- Encompass the top 7 identified key tourism components of RTO12. These include Accommodations & Spas, Arts & Entertainment, Attractions & Events, Culinary, Golf and Outdoor Adventure.
- Have skills including: Legal, Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Technology Communications, Public Relations
- Be business owners or their key GMs or Presidents with a vested interest in the development of tourism receipts.
Current RTO12 directors who will participate in one or all of the following sessions include:
- Brenda Scott, Secretary & Governance Committee Chair, Owner, Algonquin Guesthouse
- Curt Dunlop, Vice Chair, Owner, Muskoka Natural Food Market & Griffin Pub
- Don MacKay, Owner, Muskoka Highlands Golf Links
- Eric Miglin, Owner, Killarney Lodge
- Gail Burrows, General Manager, Sequin Valley Golf Club
- Michael Simonett, Treasurer, Director of Rooms & Revenue, ClubLink Resorts
- Scott Doughty, General Manager, Hidden Valley Resort
Tourism business owners in our region are invited to attend one of the following “Meet The Directors” sessions:
Highlander Brew Co., 309 B Hwy 124, South River, ONTuesday March 26, 2019 ~ 9.30am – 11.00am
Inn at the Falls, 8 Mahaffy Court, Bracebridge, ON
Wednesday March 27, 2019 ~ 9.30am – 11.00am
Charles W. Stockey Centre, 2 Bay St, Parry Sound, ON
To RSVP, please click here
For additional information on the nomination process, updated bylaws and policies visit http://rto12.ca/documents/2019nominationpackage/. If you have any questions, please contact James Murphy, Executive Director, RTO12: firstname.lastname@example.org / 705-706-1649.