Established in 2010, Explorers’ Edge (EE) is one of thirteen Regional Tourism Organizations (RTOs) representing stakeholders in the geographic areas of Algonquin Park, the Almaguin Highlands, Loring-Restoule, Muskoka, Parry Sound and South Algonquin, Canada.
Click Here PDF Expression of Interest – Communication Specialist
In 2018, EE undertook a massive Product Development Research & Framework study, which determined that an ‘intangible gap’ for the organization, for the industry, and for the natural product (the region’s main draw) is sustainability. Since that study was released, sustainable development is no longer considered by mass populations as a niche or “environmental” concept, but instead it is now universally acknowledged as an important strategic approach that can help the region (and global industry) to recover and thrive. Therefore, by infusing sustainability principles with solid and innovative tourism business strategies, RTO12 will turn the ship once more to entrench “regenerative tourism development” as the primary organizational direction to ensure the survival, recovery and longevity of our regional industry.
In 2021 Explorers’ Edge will embark on a new mission to become a leading Destination Development Organization in Canada to create sustainability for all regional stakeholders (including tourism SMEs, employees and residents) by implementing initiatives that consider economic, social, cultural and environmental impact, in order to ensure our communities will thrive well into the future and regardless of economic or natural disasters (i.e. flooding, wildfires, etc.) that may occur.
Explorers’ Edge is seeking an EOI for an individual to fulfil the role of Communications Specialist. This is a one-year temporary contract position with possibility of extension.
Working with the Senior Director, Regenerative Tourism Development & Communications, this role will fulfil the following functions within the organization:
- Develop and deploy a robust hyper local, domestic and international Media List.
- Develop and deploy media releases pertaining to organizational initiatives and product development.
- Track media engagement.
- Produce travel content pertaining to regional branding, sub-regional dispersion, product, packages, itineraries and more.
- Coordinate and create lead nurturing (email marketing) content and deploy.
- Assist with the development and updating of consumer and corporate website content.
- Coordinate content for industry and community communications.
- Assist with outreach to tourism operators for package and itinerary development.
- 3-5 years proven track record in the marketing communications sector (this is not an entry-level position)
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media, online/platform marketing communications and email marketing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RTO12 region (Algonquin Park, Almaguin Highlands, Loring-Restoule, Muskoka, Parry Sound, South Algonquin).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RTO model and RTO12 programs-to-date.
- Ability to work at home or in the Explorers’ Edge office (hybrid model).
- Experience working in the tourism or travel industry preferred.
Explorers’ Edge invites interested parties to provide an Expression of Interest (EOI) as it relates to a one year contract position as Communication Specialist with RTO12 / Explorers’ Edge.
Please forward all documents and request for further information to James Murphy at [email protected] (705) 706-1649 on or before Friday May 14, 2021.
Note: Submitting a reply to Explorers’ Edge does not automatically guarantee that your company will be receiving future correspondence during the process.