JOB TITLE: Sales and Packaging Seasonal Contract
Date Posted: April 1, 2022
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Sales & Package contract position will assist with the daily operations of the organization pertaining to package development, revenue generation, general administration and customer service from May 2022 to September 2022.
POTENTIAL DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Tourism Operator outreach for travel package development
- Package and itinerary development (assist)
- Revenue model development, analysis and reporting pertaining to packages (assist)
- Customer service at the Muskoka Airport during Porter Airlines seasonal service
- Additional outreach and administrative tasks
This is an excellent opportunity for a tourism, revenue management, commerce or business post-secondary student to work in the tourism region known as “the great Canadian wilderness just north of Toronto.” The applicant will work with one of the leading destination development organizations in Ontario, and with an innovative team. It’s going to be a very busy, very fun summer with Explorers’ Edge!
ABOUT EXPLORERS’ EDGE:
Explorers’ Edge is the regional tourism organization for Algonquin Park, the Almaguin Highlands, Loring-Restoule, Muskoka, Parry Sound and South Algonquin. Established in 2011 and governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, the company promotes regenerative tourism development and is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries.
- Currently studying or recently graduated from a tourism, revenue management, commerce or business post-secondary program.
- Knowledge of tourism sales & packaging concepts and principles
- Must have a G class license and own transportation (mileage will be provided)
- Experience in customer service, communications and a background in tourism preferred
- Knowledge of the region to assist with operator outreach and package development preferred
The preferred candidate will have completed the Travel Councilor training administered by the Tourism Industry Council of Ontario (TICO), or be willing to acquire this training.
Remuneration for the contract will range from $21.50/hour to $25.50/hour depending on experience.
Explorers’ Edge is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information and pregnancy.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and internship.
Deadline to apply: June 10, 2022
Please apply for this positing by sending PDFs of your resume and cover letter to James Murphy, Executive Director, RTO12
Email: [email protected]
All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt, but only select candidates will be contacted for an interview. For more information on Explorers’ Edge visit www.GreatCanadianWilderness.com and www.rto12.ca