JOB TITLE: Manager of Tourism Partnerships DATE: February 24, 2017
REPORTS TO: Executive Director SUPERVISES: 1 Direct
Explorers’ Edge (RTO12) is the regional tourism organization for Algonquin Park, Almaguin, Loring-Restoule, Muskoka and Parry Sound. Funded by the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, staff is answerable to an independent Board of Directors composed of tourism business owners.
After 6 years in operation, Explorers’ Edge has set multiple benchmarks in the provincial tourism industry, particularly in domestic marketing, transacting, product, and workforce development innovation. In addition, we are currently developing exciting programs to build new audiences for the region by attracting greater volumes of international travelers.
The corporate culture of Explorers’ Edge features extreme dedication to the job and the stakeholders we serve, and includes equal doses of a fast-pace, intensity, fun and satisfaction with a job well done.
Explorers’ Edge is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative individual to join our team as Manager of Tourism Partnerships to contribute to the exceptional work happening here. This position will be based out of our office in Bracebridge, Ontario.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager of Tourism Partnerships is responsible for the development and management of innovative, effective and rewarding partnerships that will meet the strategic objectives of RTO12 and the tourism stakeholders we serve. In this position, you will work with the Executive Director and the Director of Communications to identify partnership opportunities for regional product development, marketing, workforce development, revenue generation and administration.
- Identify, nurture and successfully develop 30+ partnerships with various stakeholders to meet the business objectives of RTO12.
- Manage all facets of the partnership process, including cold calling, meetings, negotiations, establishing mutual objectives, budgeting, MOU development, project management, reporting, ongoing relationship nurturing.
- Outreach presentations to build awareness of and participation in RTO12’s Partnership Program (including marketing and booking these events).
- Researching, identifying, applying for, managing and reporting on additional grant and funding opportunities for the RTO.
- Assist with the management of the Tourism Excellence North program
- Business administrative tasks assigned by the Executive Director, including but not limited to budgeting, reporting and communications.
- Manages and works collaboratively with one direct report who is responsible for tourism operator outreach.
- 5-10 years proven experience working in tourism management, marketing or business administration.
- Proven success in establishing exceptional and beneficial tourism partnerships for multiple stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational and administration skills – demonstrated attention to detail, multi-tasking and meeting multiple deadlines is required.
- Extensive cold calling, outreach and presentation experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working with and nurturing direct report employees
- A degree or equivalent qualification business administration, tourism management, or marketing.
ELIGIBILITY & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must have an in-depth understanding of the regional tourism environment
- Must be have a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to drive personal vehicle for travel
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends
- 12 Month Contract (with possible one year extension)
- $60K – $65K plus mileage
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Jennifer, firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10, 2017 @ 4.00pm.
We apologize but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.